Sports DVD Reviews: Chicago Bulls 1990-1991 NBA Champions, Learning to Fly
Celebrate the Chicago Bulls' first NBA Championship with this incredible 6-disc DVD collector's set. Relive the historic 1991 NBA Finals showdown against the Los Angeles Lakers with all 5 games, each in its entirety and original broadcast format.
Also included is an action-packed Championship season recap with memorable highlights and revealing behind-the-scenes footage. Experience the heart-pounding action again and again!
Cast: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Phill Jackson and Chicago Bulls players
Critic Quotes and Reviews:
Format: DVD, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Full Screen, NTSC
Runtime: 753 minutes
Screen Aspect: Standard 1.33:1 [4:3]
Sound Quality: English Stereo 2S
Media Quantity: 6 DVD Discs
Packaging Type: -
Other Information and Links:
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: January 23, 2007
DVD Features (Official Information):
- All five NBA Finals games vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- Championship recap
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
- Finals Game 1: In a hard-fought thriller, Sam Perkins sinks a three-pointer with 14 seconds left to give the Lakers the advantage.
- Game 2: Shooting a Finals record 62% from the field, the Bulls go 17-for-20 in the third quarter and come back to win in a blow out.
- Game 3: Jordan beats Byron Scott off the dribble and nails a 14-foot jumper to send the game into overtime. Chicago prevails behind strong rebounding and stellar performances from the reserves.
- Game 4: Tenacious defense was the key in this Bulls' victory. The Lakers are held to .366 shooting from the field.
- Game 5: Paxson takes control and seals the deal with 10 of his 20 points in the last 3:54. Pippen leads all scorers with 32 points and 13 rebounds. Jordan is voted Finals MVP.
- CHAMPIONSHIP RECAP Relive the Chicago Bulls' historic first NBA Championship with this overview of their 1991 title run. Experience the emotional, action-packed story of how the Bulls' Championship dreams took flight. Finishing with an amazing 61-21 season record, the Bulls charged into the postseason sweeping the New York Knicks, eliminating the Philadelphia 76ers in five and reaching the NBA Finals by winning four straight against the powerful Detroit Pistons. The Finals matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers seemed formidable after losing Game 1, but the Bulls came back to unleash four straight wins to take the title. Via breathtaking highlights and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, join the Bulls in the huddle, hear coach Phil Jackson in the locker room and take a courtside seat for all the action of the Bulls' spectacular 1990-1991 season.