DVD Movie Review: Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
This DVD set contains all three Extended Editions of The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: With the help of a courageous fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. Hunting Frodo are servants of the Dark Lord Sauron, the Ring's evil creator. If Sauron reclaims the Ring, Middle-earth is doomed. Winner of four Academy Awards, this epic tale of good versus evil, friendship and sacrifice will transport you to a world beyond imagination.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: The Fellowship has broken, but the quest to destroy the One Ring continues. Frodo and Sam must entrust their lives to Gollum if they are to find their way to Mordor. As Saruman's army approaches, the surviving members of the Fellowhip, along with people and creatures from Middle-earth, prepare for battle. The War of the Ring has begun. Nominated for six Academy Awards including Best Picture.
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: The final battle for Middle-earth begins as Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring. Aragorn struggles to fulfill his legacy as he leads his outnumbered followers against the growing power of the Dark Lord Sauron, so that the Ring-bearer Frodo may complete his quest. Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure of good versus evil is the ultimate achievement by director Peter Jackson in his acclaimed film trilogy.
Cast: Elijah Wood,
Cate Blanchett / Director: Peter Jackson
Prices and where to buy it:
You can buy the DVD Lord Of The Rings Trilogy at Amazon.com
Critic Quotes and Reviews:
- "The supreme film adventure of our time." Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
- "The storylines are woven together skilfully, the magnificent swooping aerial shots are breathtaking, and the overall experience is awesome." Brian Webster, Apollo Guide
- "Spectacular in every sense of the word." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
Format: DVD, Widescreen
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Runtime: 681 minutes
Screen Aspect: Widescreen, Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
Sound Quality: Dolby Digital (5.1), Stereo Surround Sound
Media Quantity: 12 DVD Disc
Other Information and Links:
Studio: New Line Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: 1/17/2006
- Bonus Discs Featuring Hours Of Additional Content, In-Depth Programs, Featurettes, Exclusive 10-Minute Behind-The-Scenes, Preview of Electronic Arts' video game, Music Videos and more!
- Two discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
- Two discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Two discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Widescreen Presentation
- Audio: English Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Surround Sound, DTS ES 6.1 Surround Sound, Stereo Surround Sound
- Cast commentary features dialogue between split-personality characters Gollum and Smeagol (Andy Serkis)
- Four audio commentaries by the director and writers, the design team, the production team and the cast featuring more than 30 participants including Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom and many more!