CD Review: U2 - The Joshua Tree
CD Information and Notes:
- U2 are Paul "Bono Vox" Hewson (vocals); Dave "The Edge" Evans (guitar, background vocals); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums).
- Additional personnel includes: Daniel Lanois (guitar, keyboards, tambourine, background vocals); Brian Eno (keyboards, programming, background vocals).
- Recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin, Ireland.
- The Joshua Tree won the 1987 Grammy award for album of the year.
- After their arresting appearance at Live Aid, U2 album sales went berserk across the globe, and the world waited impatiently for their next release. The Joshua Tree arrived, and fans were not disappointed. There are few weaknesses, musical or lyrical, in this album. The pure power of the music and patent honesty of the lyrics steer the band clear of whimsy and self-indulgence. The anguish and questioning is shot through with faith as they chant and stomp and batter their way through instant classics such as 'Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', 'Where The Streets Have No Name' and 'With Or Without You', leaving the listener bruised but elated.
Prices and where to buy it online:
You can buy U2 The Joshua Tree at Amazon.com
U2 The Joshua Tree Song List:
- Where the streets have no name
- I still haven't found what I'm looking for
- With or without you
- Bullet the blue sky
- Running to stand still
- Red hill mining town
- In God's country
- Trip through your wires
- One tree hill
- Mothers of the disappeared
U2 The Joshua Tree Pictures and Wallpapers:
CD Critic Quotes and Reviews:
- Rolling Stone (11/89)
- Ranked #3 in Rolling Stone's "100 Best Albums Of The 80s" survey.
- (10/01, p.91)
- Ranked #12 in Q's "Best 50 Albums of Q's Lifetime" - "...This collection of downbeat rock made U2 superstars..."
- MJ (1/6/03, p.15)
- Included in CMJ's list of "Top 25 College Radio Albums of All Time"
- MJ (1/5/04, p.20)
- Ranked #1 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1987"
- Billboard - Ranked as the #14 hit album of the 80s.
- Release Date: 06/15/1990
- Original Release Date: 1987
- Label : Island Records (USA)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Runtime: 50m : 16s
- Studio/Live: Studio
- Mono/Stereo: Stereo
- Producer: Brian Eno; Daniel Lanois
- Engineer: Flood