CD Review: U2 - War
- U2 is Bono (vocals); The Edge (guitar, lap steel, piano, background vocals); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums, percussion).
- Additional personnel: Steve Wickham (electric violin); Kenny Fradley (trumpet); Cheryl Poirier, Adriana Kaegi, Taryn Hagey, Jessica Felton (background vocals).
- Recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin, Ireland.
- War, U2's first gold album, established them as one of the great cutting edge bands in all of contemporary music.
- From the insularity and ruminative splendor of their studio work, U2 blossomed into a visceral live band capable of turning elegant webs of sound into in-your-face rock and roll. The Edge's innovative guitar work was now augmented by his piano playing (particularly on the hit single "New Year's Day"), while Bono's lyrics turned explicitly to politics for the first time ("Sunday Bloody Sunday").
Prices and where to buy it online:
You can buy U2 War at Amazon.com
CD Critic Quotes and Reviews: