CD Review: U2 - Under A Blood Red Sky
CD Information and Notes:
- U2 is Paul "Bono Vox" Hewson (vocals); Dave "The Edge" Evans (guitar, background vocals); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums).
- Recorded live in Denver, Boston and West Germany on the 1983 "War" tour.
- By the time of this 1983 live EP, U2 had emerged as the socio-politically conscious, self-determined saviors of rock & roll, their passion, musical power and sheer youthful exuberance making them rock idols to countless young (and some not-so-young) fans.
- This live document shows the ability of the band (particulary the zealous, proselytic Bono) to fire up a crowd with their earnest, anthemic approach.
- Early U2 classics like "Gloria," "I Will Follow" and the rabble-rousing terrorism protest "Sunday Bloody Sunday" are neighbored with fun obscurities like "Party GIrl" (complete with endearingly awkward guitar solo) and the moody "The Electric Co." As a final gesture of solidarity with his audience/congregation, rock & roll preacher Bono engages them in a spiritually tinged singalong on "40."
Prices and where to buy it online:
You can buy U2 Under A Blood Red Sky at Amazon.com
U2 Under A Blood Red Sky Song List:
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock
- I Will Follow
- Party Girl
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- The Electric Co.
- New Year's Day
U2 Under A Blood Red Sky Pictures and Wallpapers:
CD Critic Quotes and Reviews:
- CMJ (1/5/04, p.17) - Ranked #1 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1984"
- Release Date: 10/17/1990
- Original Release Date: 1983
- Label : Island Records (USA)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Runtime: 35m : 21s
- Studio/Live: Live
- Mono/Stereo: Stereo
- Producer: Jimmy Iovine
- Engineer: Shelly Yakus